The Link to a web page module allows readers to navigate to a different webpage.
This module behaves much like a hyperlink would in a document or web page.
A web page can be a website, intranet link or resource, as long as you are able to provide a URL for it. Bear in mind that an intranet link will only work while the issue is being read within your company.
- To begin select Manage for your issue, followed by Interactivity.
- Select the Link module category from the Interactivity Module palette.
- Select Link to a webpage.
- Click and drag the area into the position that you would like to make interactive.
- Enter the website that you would like to link to into the URL field. You can also upload a resource using the Upload button and then select it from the drop-down list. If you have uploaded a resource and it doesn’t appear in the menu, press the refresh icon to refresh the menu.
- Select Save to save your module.
Select the Settings palette for the following options:
Give the module a concise and informative name.
Specify whether the link will open in a new window (or tab) or the current one. It is usually best to open a web link in a new tab so your reader doesn’t lose what they’re currently reading.
Try using a Link to a web page module to display a PDF file in a new tab. This is ideal for distributing forms and documents to readers.