Badges can be used to restrict access to a publication. This means a reader can be prevented from viewing a publication unless they have been awarded the badge in another publication.
First, a publication must be set up to assign the badge:
- Create the badge in your account by navigating to Publications > Settings > Badges
- Ensure the publication that will award the badge is using a reader login, employee number login or single sign-on security rule, so that the reader is identified
- Award the badge by assigning it to the result of a competition module in the publication.
The following steps are then applied to the publication that you wish to restrict:
- Create a new security rule using login and the badge
The security rule must be set up in the same way as the publication that awards the badge ( for example, reader login, employee number login or single sign-on). This is so the reader can be identified.
Then select the Badge tab and add the badge that the reader must have been awarded in order to log into the publication.
- Finally, apply the new security rule to the publication by navigating to Manage > Security Rules tab > and selecting the rule from the drop-down menu.