Does your issue have specific targets? Are there pages or pieces of interactivity for which you want to set targets? You can do this using the KPI field.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are parameters you can set to help gauge the success of your issue. KPIs can be set for both pages and interactive modules. They are configured in the interactivity for the issue.
Below is an example of a KPI of 70% being set for a module. The target is to have 70% of readers to click this module.
- Select Manage for your issue followed by Interactivity.
- Add an interactive module to your page.
- Select the module on your page, followed by the Settings palette.
- Enter the KPI percentage into the KPI (%) field.
Below is an example of a KPI of 50% being set for a page. The target is to have 50% of readers to view page 4.
- To begin, select Manage for your Issue followed by the Interactivity button.
- Select the Pages palette and right click on a page for further options.
- Select Page Properties.
- If you are viewing a double page spread, the properties will display for both pages in two columns (page 3 and page 4)
- Enter the KPI into the Page 4 KPI (%) field.
A KPI is specified as a percentage. At the reporting stage, PageTiger performs a calculation against the unique views for the element that has a KPI attached. It then indicates whether this KPI is being met or not and provides a percentage for the actual amount of readers that are viewing the element.
The KPI indicator is displayed in the Page/Module panel and will be green if the target is being met and red if it is not. Bear in mind that KPIs are percentages and not numeric targets, so the success of your targets could change over time.