A Style is set at document level and will apply the settings to every version in a document. Different styles or document settings cannot be applied to individual versions.
When you create a new style there are several tabs which can be selected to set various settings.
- Details - Setting the name and status of the style
- Document Size - Manage how your document will be sized
- Document View - Manage how the pages of your document are presented
- Toolbar - Configure the functionality and appearance of the toolbar
- Pop-ups - Choose the settings for how interactivity pop-ups will appear
- Background - Choose the settings for the background behind the document
- Chart Settings - Configure the appearance of chart interactivity
- Page Turn - Manage the settings for the page turn automation
- Used By - Enables you to view which documents are using the style
Below is a breakdown of Document View.
Manage how the pages of your document are presented to readers.
- Available layouts
Select which layouts you would like to make available to visitors viewing your document. If you would prefer to restrict how the document is presented to readers, set this option to either single or double pages.
- Desktop Default layout
Select whether you would like your document to appear as single or double pages on a desktop computer.
- Mobile default layout
Select whether you would like your document to appear as single or double pages on devices with smaller screens such as an iPhone. We would advise 'Automatic', as the system will choose the best layout depending on the mobile devices current orientation.
- Desktop Page Animation
Select the page animation to use when viewing your document on a desktop computer.
- Mobile Page Animation
Select the page animation to use when viewing your document on a mobile device.
- Clickable area style
Set the animation for interactive clickable areas;
- No-glow: Does not glow, even when the mouse hovers over the clickable area
- Glow on hover: Only glows when the mouse hovers over the clickable area
- Constant glow: Glows all the time but glows stronger once the mouse hovers over
- Clickable area colour
Select the colour you would like your document's interactive clickable areas to be. The system defaults to a medium blue.
- Mandatory Clickable area colour
Select the initial colour you would like your document's mandatory interactive clickable areas to be. The system defaults to a medium blue.
Other articles in the ‘Styles’ series
Want to see more?