Create assessments, quizzes or surveys for your readers to complete! They will be presented with a series of radio button questions where each question must be closed answer and require an answer to be selected.
- To begin select Manage for your issue, followed by Interactivity.
- Select the Assessment module category from the Interactivity Module palette.
- Choose from a Multiple choice question, Self assessment quiz or Survey (each module works in the same way, the different names are designed to demonstrate what they can be used for).
- Click and drag the area into the position that you would like to make interactive.
- The edit module properties box will then open.
Questions & Answers
Three questions are listed by default to help get you started, but you can add/delete as needed.
To begin, type in the question followed by the answers for your first question.
A breakdown of the area is provided below:
- Enter question name
- Enter answers
- Enter a score for the answer (this can be set as 0 if you are collecting opinions and don't require a score)
- Select if the answer is Incorrect, Neutral of Correct (this can be set as Neutral if you are collecting opinions)
- Select to delete an answer
- Select to add another answer
- Select to delete the question
- Select to enter the details for your next question (the question will expand)
- Select to add another question
- Save/Cancel your changes.
Full instructions for adding questions can be found here.
When an assessment module has been completed a results box will display. You may wish to use this box to thank the reader for completing the module, or if you are collecting a score, you may prefer to set up different results boxes to display based on the reader's score. This is done by adding more than one result.
A breakdown of this area is provided below:
Give the result a concise and informative name, for example, 'Pass'.
From - The minimum score that must be achieved to see this result.
To - The maximum score that can be achieved to see this result.
Select from Passed, Failed or Neutral. This is purely semantic information to enhance reporting.
Associate a badge or certificate with a quiz result. The badge is awarded if the reader meets the min-max score.
Produce Certificate Content
Add content here if a certificate can be awarded to the reader and they have placeholders to complete (for example - their 'department'). This uses the same editor as the More Information pop-up module. See this article to learn more about Certificates.
Enter the content that you would like your reader to see if they achieve the result - for example, 'Congratulations, you have passed!'. This uses the same editor as the More Information pop-up module. Assessment modules use special text strings called tokens to display dynamic content. For example, placing [SCORE] in a result box will replace this string with the score achieved. Read this article to learn more about tokens.
- Select to delete a result.
- Select to add another result.
- Save/Cancel your changes.
Full instructions for adding results can be found here.
Select the Settings palette for the following options:
Give the module a concise and informative name.
Specify whether you require readers to enter their email address. The available values are:
- No – Does not include the capture email field
- Optional – Includes the email field but the answers can be submitted without an email address
- Required – An email address must be provided for the answers to be submitted