This page is only available to the Account Owner.
It can be accessed by selecting My Account from the homepage followed by API > Account API Keys.
An Application Programming Interface (API) allows applications to access one another.
There are four APIs managed here:
Authorisation to be included within a script to allow document data to be pulled into another webpage
- MailChimp API Configuration
Allows emails created with the Email Marketing distribution tool to be exported and edited further in MailChimp
- DotDigital API Configuration
Allows emails created with the Email Marketing distribution tool to be exported and edited further in DotDigital
The Experience API (Tin Can/ XAPI) is configured elsewhere. Find out more about configuring the Experience API (Tin Can/XAPI) by reading this article.
Setting up your MailChimp API
You will need to enter your API Key into the field provided. The API Key will be available in your MailChimp account:
- Login to MailChimp (as the account owner)
- Click Account in the top right corner
- Click Extras > API Keys in the menu
- Click Create A Key
- A new API Key is automatically generated for you and must not be edited
- Check the "Status" box is ticked
- Copy and paste the API Key into the field
Setting up your DotDigital API
Enter your API username and passwords into the fields provided. If you do not have a username, you can generate one by doing the following:
- Login to DotDigital (as the account owner)
- Click My Account in the top right corner
- Click Manage users in the left hand menu
- Click the API tab
- Click Add account
- The username (email address) is automatically generated for you and must not be edited
- Enter a password
- Check the Enabled box is ticked
- Click Save
Other articles in the ‘My Account’ series
Want to see more?