This page is only available to the Account Owner.
It can be accessed by selecting My Account from the homepage followed by API > Account API Keys.
An Application Programming Interface (API) allows applications to access one another.
There are four APIs managed here:
Authorisation to be included within a script to allow document data to be pulled into another webpage
MailChimp API Configuration
Allows emails created with the Email Marketing distribution tool to be exported and edited further in MailChimp
DotMailer API Configuration
Allows emails created with the Email Marketing distribution tool to be exported and edited further in DotMailer
The Experience API (Tin Can/ XAPI) is configured elsewhere. Find out more about configuring the Experience API (Tin Can/XAPI) by reading this article.
Setting up your MailChimp API
You will need to enter your API Key into the field provided. The API Key will be available in your MailChimp account:
- Login to MailChimp (as the account owner)
- Click Account in the top right corner
- Click Extras > API Keys in the menu
- Click Create A Key
- A new API Key is automatically generated for you and must not be edited
- Check the "Status" box is ticked
- Copy and paste the API Key into the field
Setting up your DotMailer API
Enter your API username and passwords into the fields provided. If you do not have a username, you can generate one by doing the following:
- Login to dotMailer (as the account owner)
- Click My Account in the top right corner
- Click Manage users in the left hand menu
- Click the API tab
- Click Add account
- The username (email address) is automatically generated for you and must not be edited
- Enter a password
- Check the Enabled box is ticked
- Click Save