An iFrame pop-up module allows you to display a web page in a pop-up window. The only setting required is a web address, which must support https (a secure connection), as opposed to just http.
- To begin select Manage for your version, followed by Interactivity.
- Select the Media module category from the Interactivity Module palette.
- Select IFrame in pop-up.
- Click and drag the area into the position that you would like to make interactive.
- Paste in the URL of the website you would like to display in the pop-up.
Q. Why is my iFrame opening in a new tab and not as a pop-up?
A. There are three possibilities:
- For security reasons, the iFrame will open as a new tab if the link used does not start with https.
- Some websites, although using https, may have a setting on them to prevent them being iFramed.
- An iFrame behaves differently on mobile and tablet devices. These devices will open as a new tab, as they are unable to display a website within a pop-up.
Can I display a PDF in a pop-up window?
Yes! A PDF (or Word or Excel file) can be displayed in an iFrame. This is perfect for infographics, PDF presentations and documents. Simple upload your file in your Resources Manager, copy the URL by clicking the copy icon and paste into the URL field of your iFrame module.