A poll module allows a reader to cast their vote in order to indicate their preference for one of a number of options. Poll results are shown to the reader after they have voted in the poll.
Readers are only able to vote in a poll once, so the results are very difficult to skew.
- To begin select Manage for your version, followed by Interactivity.
- Select the Assessments module category from the Interactivity Module palette.
- Select Poll.
- Click and drag the area into the position that you would like to make interactive - this will be the interactive area of your first poll answer.
Adding poll answers
1. The Edit Poll Content box will open and you can type your first poll answer into the Answer field.
2. To add another poll answer select the Add Answer button.
3. You can then click and drag out another box which will become the clickable area for your next poll answer.
4. The Edit Poll Content box will open again and you can enter your second poll answer into the Answer field.
Repeat steps 2 - 4 as many times as needed until you have all your poll answers
Did you know?
If you are adding a poll, all the answers must be on the same page, they cannot be added across double-page spreads. This is to support single-page mode.
Select the Settings palette for the following options:
Give the module a concise and informative name.
- Poll Bar Colour
Set a colour for the bars in the bar chart that shows the poll results. Different colours cannot be set for different options.
Tick this option if you would like to use scrollbars if the content of the pop-up box requires more space than the width and height permit.