Badges can be used to restrict access to a document. This means a reader can be prevented from viewing a document unless they have been awarded the badge in another document.
First, a document must be set up to assign the badge:
- Create the badge in your account by navigating to Documents > Settings > Badges
- Ensure the document that will award the badge is using a reader login, employee number login or single sign-on security rule, so that the reader is identified
- Award the badge by assigning it to the result of a competition module in the document.
The following steps are then applied to the document that you wish to restrict:
- Create a new security rule using login and the badge
The security rule must be set up in the same way as the document that awards the badge ( for example, reader login, employee number login, or single sign-on). This is so the reader can be identified.
Then select the Badge tab and add the badge that the reader must have been awarded in order to log into the document.
- Finally, apply the new security rule to the document by navigating to Manage > Security Rules tab > and selecting the rule from the drop-down menu.
Other articles in the ‘Badges & Certified Learning’ series
Want to see more?