A template is a great way to save time if you create recurring documents, such as a newsletter or induction pack.
To begin, create the version that you would like to set as a template by selecting Create Document from the homepage (or the Manage page for a document).
Locking your version
In your version, layers and interactive modules can be locked to prevent them from being altered when the template is used.
How to lock your design
- Select the Content tab to activate the design of your version.
- To lock a layer, select a panel on your design, followed by the Layers palette.
- Select the padlock icon for the panel that you would like to lock.
- Two options are available so you can lock the Position and Settings of the layer and/or the Content of the layer.
How to lock the interactive elements of your design
- Select the Interactivity tab to activate the Interactivity of your version.
- To lock an interactive module, select a module on your page, followed by the Interactivity palette.
- Select the padlock icon for the module that you would like to lock.
- As with the design of your version, two options are available so you can lock the Position and Settings of the module and/or the Content of the module.
Find out more about locking here.
Setting your version as a template
Once you are happy with your design and have locked any required layers or interactive modules:
- Exit the design.
- Select Manage for your version.
- Select the Manage Version
- drop-down list followed by Template Settings.
- Tick the Template checkbox.
Further fields will display which can be completed depending on your requirements:
Will appear on the create new screen under the thumbnail. If a name is not entered the document/versione name will be used by default. We recommend using a clear and concise name such as Onboarding template so it is easy to find and use when you create a version.
A description of the template which can explain what it should be used for. For example - This template should be used for new employees during the onboarding process.
If ticked, the design will be locked but the image and text content can still be changed.
If ticked the content will be locked for any versions created from this template.
If ticked the interactivity will be locked for any versions created from this template.
If there are any placeholders in the design, the user will not be prompted to replace them if this is ticked. (To be used if you want to create a certificate template or a template that other users will use to create another template).