A Style is set at document level and will apply the settings to every version in a document. Different styles or document settings cannot be applied to individual versions.
When you create a new style there are several tabs which can be selected to set various settings.
- Details - Setting the name and status of the style
- Document Size - Manage how your document will be sized
- Document View - Manage how the pages of your document are presented
- Toolbar - Configure the functionality and appearance of the toolbar
- Pop-ups - Choose the settings for how interactivity pop-ups will appear
- Background - Choose the settings for the background behind the document
- Chart Settings - Configure the appearance of chart interactivity
- Page Turn - Manage the settings for the page turn automation
- Used By - Enables you to view which documents are using the style
Below is a breakdown of Toolbar settings
Configure the functionality and appearance of the toolbar for your document.
- Toolbar colour
Set the colour of the toolbar
- Toolbar icon colour
Select whether your toolbar should use white or black icons
- Toolbar position
Set whether your toolbar should display above or below the document or both. Setting this option to hidden will hide the toolbar from view.
Set the toolbar position to the bottom if your document uses a menu.
- Toolbar style
Select the type of toolbar your document should use. Standard will make your toolbar the same width as your browser window (or stretch to full width) and include all features. Basic is a smaller, compact version.
- Toolbar logo
Upload a logo to display on the left-hand side of the toolbar. The image must be jpeg, png or gif format and be 38 pixels high. It must also not exceed 150 pixels in width.
- Toolbar logo link
Make the toolbar logo clickable by specifying a web link. The link must include http:// or https://. For example, the logo could link directly to your website.
- Toolbar logo link target
Specify whether the link should open in a new tab/window or the same tab/window.
- Share option
Tick the box if you would like show the 'Share' option within the toolbar.
- Search option
Tick the box if you would like show the 'Search' option within the toolbar.
- Download option
Tick the box if you would like show the 'Download' option within the toolbar.
- Print Option
Tick the box if you would like show the 'Print' option within the toolbar.
- Paging option
Tick the box if you would like show the Paging option within the toolbar. This option also enables the Left and Right cursor keys on a PC/Mac and the Left and Right swipe on a mobile touch devices such as iPads and iPhones.
- Other versions option
Tick the box if you would like show the 'Other Versions' option within the toolbar.
- Contents option
Tick the box if you would like show the 'View contents' icon within the toolbar.
Tick the box if you would like show the 'Accessible View' option within the toolbar. (Accessibility must be completed within the pages of your document to enable this option to work correctly - check out the article here).
Appearance settings for side tab arrows used to navigate through the document.
- Side arrows
Set whether side arrows should be visible and how they should animate:
- Always visible: Side arrows will always be in view
- Show on hover: Side arrows are partially hidden until the reader interacts with them
- On hover and after paging: Side arrows are partially hidden until the reader interacts with them. They will also animate after every page turn
- Hidden: The side arrows will not appear
- Use toolbar colour
If selected, the side arrows will use the toolbar's background colour instead of the side arrow colour specified above.
- Use toolbar icon colour
If selected, the side arrows will use the toolbar's icon colour instead of the side arrow icon colour specified above.
Other articles in the ‘Styles’ series
Want to see more?