Accessibility is a term commonly used in relation to website design.
In general, it means ensuring that users with visual impairments or disabilities, which affect how they browse the web, can access the same information that other users can.
Common examples of accessibility solutions include providing web pages that can be read by a screen reader or allow the text to be enlarged. To support accessibility, PageTiger can output a text-only version of an version that is easier to read and can be used with screen readers.
Ensure the Style that your document is using have the 'Accessibility Option' ticked.
Accessibility content for each page is managed within the Page Properties of your version.
- To begin, select Manage for your version followed by Design.
- Select the Pages palette followed by Page Properties.
- If you are viewing a double page spread, the properties will display for both pages in two columns (For example - page 1 and page 2).
- In the Accessibility section a Title and Introduction can be added.
- Select ‘Edit’ for ‘Accessibility Content’ to add the text you would like to display for the page in accessible view. Please note: it is important to review this content and ensure it is presented in a way that parallels the full version of the document.
More Information pop-up boxes
In addition to page content, accessibility content can be added to More Information pop-up boxes within the Interactivity of a document.
- Edit the More Information module on your page.
- Select the ‘Accessibility’ tab.
- Enter a Title.
- Select ‘Edit’ for ‘Accessibility Content’ to add the text you would like to display for the module in accessible view.
- More Information content will display after the page content and can be assigned an order number if you have several on the page.
Viewing the accessible view
When a reader visits the document, they can select the tab key on their keyboard to display and select the ‘View accessible version’ option or select the Accessible View option from the menu.
Other articles in the ‘Pages Palette’ series
Want to see more?